YELLOFIER App

Latest news of new music, albums, remixes and YELLO projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Qubism
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

YELLOFIER App

Postby Qubism » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Yello Superfans,

I'm sure someone mentioned Boris using some kind of Yello App on an iphone at some event, somewhere, sometime :)

I also had the pleasure of speaking to someone involved in the building of this App (I think). It seems Boris has worked with Håkan Lidbo and at least 1 other (maybe several) programmers & Electronic Beats.

Here is what I've found with my super-sleuthing:

and finally from Håkan Lidbo already on Soundcloud, a short piece called Slow Dive (74BPM) he made with The Yellofier App:

If you browse with Google chrome it auto-offers a half decent translation from the original Deutsch :)

I just want to know if it's an apple only app or will it have an android version -I have no apple devices :( if it's apple only I'll have to bug my Dad to try it on his ipad.

Anyway I'm very excited and I can't believe we haven't heard more about this yet ! The event mentioned was February but a launch date for the app is 1st April (Hopefully not an April fool's joke !)

Also mentioned are 11 April in 4010 Telekom shop in Berlin and Boris (maybe?) at a panel at the Frankfurt Music Fair 13 April.

If anyone can find more info or can tell us more, please post !

Stay Yello :0

Qubism (in Ye Olde Nottingham Town)
julz
Site Admin

Re: YELLOFIER App

Postby julz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Great finds Qubism! I’ve also been looking forward to the app. As far as I know it’s going to be available only for iOS.
jaykeys

Postby jaykeys » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi,
... here, Dieter talks about a potentially upcoming new album in fall 2013.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-PbnBmdO0
lexus7

Postby lexus7 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:39 pm

exciting, if more info available in german media keep us posted
NeilPeel

Postby NeilPeel » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 am

The Yellofier app is now available via the App Store (in the UK anyway). Thought I'd let you know before I start experimenting.
nwg

Postby nwg » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:35 pm

I hope there is a Andriod version in the future.
Qubism

Postby Qubism » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:33 pm

On the Yello Facebook page "Yello" says Android Yellofier app is in the works! Hooray cos I have an awesome Google Nexus 7 3G! I'll still try to persuade my Dad to install it on his iPad :)

PS where/when is The Race Carrera Mix?

Qubism
Ye Olde Nottingham Town,
Merry Olde England
Qubism

Postby Qubism » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 pm

I was a big fan of The The (last Millennium) but I kinda lost track of them this millennium and now here is Matt Johnson demoing the Yellofier......

Even greater,here is a video featuring Boris!

It mentions a few other music apps by Brian Eno, Bjork and Kraftwerk (interesting for me, a non apple user).

I've read a lot about phones with bigger screens, (almost tablets) being called "phablets". Great to see Boris apparently dancing on top of the world's biggest phablet. So the next iphone will have a 6 feet long screen? :)

It's in German and I think Boris may be telling us about it all himself but my German is not so great. All I remember is about 16 different words for "the" and the awesome triple S (SSS), when a double S isn't enough :)

Keep On Truckin'

Qubism
Qubism

Postby Qubism » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:18 pm

Great Electronic Beats Ad for Yellofier:

Someone comments about fatcats getting fat wallets but that seems soooooo negative. I don't think Boris has done this for the money but for FUN! Especially to let non musicians create music from their surroundings and to let musicians just work really quickly without having to have full Protools running on a large computer :)

Anyway if Boris does need some cheese I'll give him £50 for a CDR of the Habanera remixes :) Seriously....can someone pass this message on to him ? :)

I really ought to sleep now....

Q
Qubism

Postby Qubism » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:27 pm

OK 1 more from EB:

Goodnight, and Good Luck

Qubism
Tiddlywinks

Postby Tiddlywinks » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:40 am

Qubism

Postby Qubism » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:29 am

Thanks! Just ordered :)

I'm glad to have it in the collection but there is a bunch of vinyl only stuff that I would love to have digitally with no surface noise :)

I think we should start a campaign to get all Yello's vinyl only stuff on itunes/amazon mp3 or beatport!

808 State have been doing this recently for almost all their vinyl only stuff and the hardcore fans really appreciate it.

Post below if you would like this!

Qubism
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:02 am

Problem is the record company owns the right. So I would petition Universal for something like this. Also I hope the rest of remastered albums will be released one day soon.
Tiddlywinks

Postby Tiddlywinks » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:15 am

Tiddlywinks

Postby Tiddlywinks » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 pm

Yellofier is available for Android

Return to “Latest YELLO News”