Voodoo Mounted By The Gods

Latest news of new music, albums, remixes and YELLO projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JonKamm

Voodoo Mounted By The Gods

Postby JonKamm » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:11 am

Boris did 3 tracks for the movie Voodoo Mounted By The Gods
King's Dance, Egun Boogey and Joy Ride

I was finally able to get a copy of the movie. With the help of Greg in France he was able to extract the video from the movie that contain the Boris tracks. Greg did a fantastic job on these videos editing and sound quality are excellent.

Joy Ride
is a simple short little scene.
http://homepage.mac.com/jonathankamm/JoyRide.avi

Egun Boogey
is a wonderful video interpretation of the song. The video changes from black and white to color very cool and the native dance and drumming really add to Boris's track.
http://homepage.mac.com/jonathankamm/EgunBoogey.avi

King's Dance
.....WOW! I was always a big fan of this Boris track but after seeing the video from the movie it has moved to #1. The thundering drums and slightly different film interpretation to the song then the soundtrack version is tremendous!
http://homepage.mac.com/jonathankamm/KingsDance.avi
Last edited by JonKamm on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:50 pm

If any of you are having trouble opening these Divx Avi files you can
find players and plug-ins at www.divx.com

Or I suggest this FREE player which will play everything and I mean
everything audio, video, DVD except .mov which you can use QuickTime
for that.

WINDOWS
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/27193

MAC
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14738

Hope this helps, Jonathan
Daniel Svensson

Postby Daniel Svensson » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:49 pm

From a pureley musical perspective the music is great, the footage on JoyRide combined with the music is very intressting too.

It does appear a little bit strange to me though that this very european-style electronic studio music with a touch of african influense is representing the african natives. Why make a movie about africans and then put european music in it?

I'm sorry if I am off topic here on the musical diskussions, and this really hasn't anything to with works of Boris but rather with the director.

Is this the movie?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270522/
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:02 pm

a lot of the drumming is from the natives themselves. I have always thought of Yello as being based on jungle tribal rhythms. Boris must of loved putting these tracks together. Reminds me of the Amazonas full of pirahnas.
davelady
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby davelady » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:32 am

Hi All:

Huge longtime Yello fan, just found this forum.

I have collected, as far as I know, every Yello CD and single out there, except the three songs from this movie.

In reading through the posts, it looks like the CD was available for a little while, but the links don’t seem to work any more.

I’m in the US, does anyone know where / how I could find the music from this thing?

DEL

PS: Mega cool news about the 2006 project..
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:53 am

Just re-posted all the Voodoo clips above. They should all work now.
MBali

Postby MBali » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:26 am

Oh, my Gosh! It works!!!!! And sound great!

Thanks Jonatan
Bullit

Postby Bullit » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:28 pm

Looks like the German Amazon still has the soundtrack in stock, check www.amazon.de and search for it. I got mine there a couple of months ago. 19.99 Euro is expensive and that's without shipping charges.

To be honest it's not one of my favorite albums, but still, it's Yello! Almost anyway.

/ LB
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:06 pm

The "Voodoo Mounted By The Gods" soundtrack is amazing in my opinion well worth the money. There are only the 3 tracks by Yello but the Peter Scherer tracks are very good and very similar to yello.

Last edited by JonKamm on Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trillian-Arno-

Postby Trillian-Arno- » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:31 pm

Wow!! Very nice music from our frend Boris. Gotta have this cd!!
Kingsdance is horror but good!:)
laurens

Postby laurens » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:24 pm

[quote="Daniel Svensson"].......tle bit strange to me though that this very european-style electronic studio music with a touch of african influense is representing the african natives. Why make a movie about africans and then put european music in it?

True enough, I think that to be fare, or at least promote the total experience of the Voodoo thing, Traditional /live recordings should have been used.

From a different perspective, since this is a movie made by europeans, they perhaps tried to add interest and attention to a global audience, used a more poppy/interesting sound. Hey, if it weren't for the contributions by Boris, would any of us have seen this film?

I havent seen anything more of this movie other than the three clips, which are quite fascinating to watch, but without seeing the entire film, I cannot justify or 'dis the use of european sounding music for the soundtrack.
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:30 am

Return to “Latest YELLO News”