Favorite song from "Pocket Universe"

What's your favorite?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What is your favorite song from "Pocket Universe"?

Solar Driftwood
No votes
Celsius
10%
More
No votes
On Track
17%
Monolith
10%
To The Sea
17%
Magnetic
21%
Liquid Mountain
No votes
Pan Blue
7%
Resistor
10%
Beyond Mirrors
7%
To The Sea (Remix)
No votes

Total votes: 29
JonKamm

Favorite song from "Pocket Universe"

Postby JonKamm » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:56 pm

Choose your favorite
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:27 am

Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dreamer » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:17 am

Just listened to this album after my initial shock of "Yello Techno style change".

Somehow I like "Magnetic", so my vote goes to that. Also Resistor isn't that bad, it reminded me of my younger years when I used to dance to techno in clubs.
lexus7

Re: Favorite song from "Pocket Universe"

Postby lexus7 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:17 pm

robo-1

Postby robo-1 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:51 pm

I never could,
at any time ~
forget the day
that you were mine.

"Pan Blue" is my pick for favourite track from the Pocket Universe album. With the way that this themed/conceptual album weaves and blends songs together, I think the full musical statement of "Pan Blue" really begins with the lead-in from "Liquid Mountain"...You have to listen to the two together. [In fact, I've used the shareware product MediaJoin to combine my "Liquid Mountain" and "Pan Blue" sound files into a single MP3 to facilitate this. Now, whenever my player selects "Pan Blue" I get to hear "Liquid Mountain" as the introduction.]

"Pan Blue" is the climax of the album in my opinion, and it has an extremely satisfying, goosebumps-enducing, pay-off at the end.

Dieter's lyrics here are enigmatic. Like a good Borges short story; in very few words he is able to invoke such grandiose concepts as the omniscience of the gods, romanticized nature, flight through space, and the infinity of the oceans, of time and the universe!

At 2:53 into the track the soundscape changes dramatically, and curiously we hear Dieter repeatedly commanding us to "eat your dinner... eat your dinner... eat your dinner... eat your dinner...". Through clever sound mixing this odd little phrase convolves almost imperceptibly into a different one: "...peanut butter... peanut butter... peanut butter..." and then it goes back again. Funny, and EXTREMELY COOL! And yet inexplicable...

And did I mention the song is eminently danceable?

robo-1
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Return to “Yello Polls”