Today I remembered two songs of the 80th

General non YELLO music conversation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Max Smily
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Today I remembered two songs of the 80th

Postby Max Smily » Fri May 27, 2005 3:44 pm

Ok, here we get a flashback moment in Music.

Today, I remembered the song "Bakerman" from Laid Back, a danish pop-duo of the 80th. This is a genius song, I associated every time with the music of yello. Same time, same style of singing - and, of course, the lyrics-part "the night train is coming" - Night Train, one of my favorite yello-songs.

Just typed into Lime Wire... now i hear these song three times.

And here another song I remember. "Devils Ball" from Double, a german Pop-Duo of the 80th. They had a one-hit-wonder in germany with "The Captain of her heart".

Some cool yello-like songs...

Somebody remembers?
Seven, eight, nine - kann denn das noch sein?
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Fri May 27, 2005 8:02 pm

The Laid Back group I know is the one that did "White Horse". Is this the same you're talking about?
Max Smily

Postby Max Smily » Sat May 28, 2005 11:00 am

Yes! In America their most famous song was "White Horse". In Europe it was "Sunshine Reggae". But "Bakerman" is this kind of song which call my attention with 100% at the first hearing -> "hey, something new to discover".

This works not every time. After hearing "Bakerman" I dont bought a Laid Back CD.

But it was the same feeling like hearing first time "Desire" - I bought all Yello-CDs... or first hearing of "part of the process" - I bought all Morcheeba-CDs... of first hearing of "Fast Shadow" - I bought many Wu Tang -CDs...
Seven, eight, nine - kann denn das noch sein?

Return to “Other Music Conversations”