New Pet Shop Boys single and album

General non YELLO music conversation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JJ Naas

New Pet Shop Boys single and album

Postby JJ Naas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 pm

So here's the new PSB single PSB and Yello are my two most favourite groups, so while waiting for new Yello material, at least I can have my doze of synth pop from PSB.

Their next album Yes will be out on March 23rd. On iTunes you can hear 30 sec. samples of the songs on the album. Not that I've listened to, I don't want any spoilers:

(Copy paste the link to the address bar if you have iTunes installed)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 734035&s=1\

Also, the PSB just received the lifetime achievement Brit Award. Here's the and multimedia show they played at the Brits.
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Yes I also can't wait for the new Pet Shops! There are so many great records coming out. Royksopp, Shazz, Depeche Mode, Bliss, and William Orbit. Going to be great months for music.
zaz965
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

yello

Postby zaz965 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:09 am

new single Pet Shop Boys, it is the music old but not forgotten by the people it it is good also popular all over the world. NO YELLO im ne peregnat 8) Sorry tor my bad english
lexus7

Postby lexus7 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Great to hear that PSB keep their skills up to date. Looking forward to the release :D
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Last edited by Bjossi on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
zaz965

PSB

Postby zaz965 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:17 am

JJ Naas

Postby JJ Naas » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm gonna go see the PSB in concert in two weeks time here in Helsinki. They're touring in Europe during summer and will go to Canada/USA in August/September. Check out the Tour section on the if you're interested.
zaz965

PSB

Postby zaz965 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:54 am

Russia Pet Shop Boys have visited some times with concerts. In 1997 with the Moscow chorus Pet Shop Boys have written down «A Red Letter Day». Their interest to Russia also was showed in set of works: «My October Symphony», «Go West», «London», «Numb», at last, «the Battleship Potyomkin». In 2005 the group has taken part in the action «Live 8», having acted on Red Square in Moscow.

In November, 2007 Pet Shop Boys should act in Moscow within the limits of the world tour, but the concert has been transferred for December, second because of  destruction in car accident of the manager of group of Dayton by Konnella. However on second of December was day of elections to the State Duma of the Russian Federation and consequently the concert and has not taken place. And here they come back within the limits of new world tour with the new show, new songs and the best old hits.

Pet Shop Boys are brought in the Guinness Book of Records 2008, as the musical executors having the greatest quantity of singles, got in ТОР40 the British charts.

Their single «West End Girls» is recognised by one of twenty best singles of 1980th years. Their cover-version on Elvis Presley's song «Always On My Mind» occupies the second line in the list of the best covers for all history under the version of the newspaper «The Daily Telegraph».

Under the magazine version «Q Magazine» the fifth studio album of group — «Very» — takes 91st place in the list of the best British albums for all history. Fans of some football and ice-hockey teams, in particular, "Arsenal", sometimes during matches sing under the version of song Pet Shop Boys «Go West» words of own composition. The motive «Go West» is used also by fans of Petersburg football club "Zenith".
On the to the account the group has more than 20 international nominations, and in 2009 is awarded awards «Brit Awards» — »For the contribution to music development».

In 2009 in March there was a tenth studio album of group — «Yes». Project Xenomania took part In its record. The album exit has anticipated single which has already become by a mega-hit «Love etc.».

The legendary group has acted with concerts in Russia: on June, 10th in Petersburg, on June, 11th in Moscow
8)
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:46 am

I've seen PSB's a couple times live and it has always been great. I hope they come to US for this album cause I absolutely love it.

Return to “Other Music Conversations”