Lyrics Planet Dada

Talk of anything YELLO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
YelloSommer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lyrics Planet Dada

Postby YelloSommer » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:41 am

Hello,
can anybody explain me the Lyrics of Planet Dada?
Thx
Mike
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:22 pm

I've looked on Google briefly and couldn't find anything. Anyone else out there?
robo-1

Re: Lyrics Planet Dada

Postby robo-1 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:18 am

Great topic!

Of the album version of "Planet DaDa" it was always my impression that there were no intelligible lyrics in the song. Obviously Dieter Meier vocalizations are present, but they are manipulated [sampled, chopped up, effected, then re-assembled] and then pasted together in a manner to resemble a song chorus. They are only sounds at this point, no longer "words" (though I do recognize small bits that sound like words still, such as "the" and "aha").

When I listen to "Planet DaDa" my brain likes to automatically synthesize meaning from the sounds. For example, if I am *singing* along to the chorus I will say: "Back, to-geth-er... the wretch-ed... the loathed...", though I seriously doubt these are anything close to the words that Dieter originally recorded...

Even the words "Planet DaDa" do not appear in the album version of the song. "Planet DaDa" are the only words heard on the "Flamboyant" version, at the very end of the song. There are lyrics in the "Visit the Planet" and "Northern Light" mixes, from The Eye bonus disc. But I don't know whether these were originally recorded for the album version (perhaps these are the words that Boris manipulates into what we hear on the album track?), or perhaps these were recorded just for the remixes? Anyone have any further insight?

robo-1
Last edited by robo-1 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JG

-

Postby JG » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:41 pm

-
Last edited by JG on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
YelloSommer

Oh Yes!

Postby YelloSommer » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:06 am

There is no lyric with deep sense.
But very greatful voices and words and so on!
The point of discussion between me and my wife was the word in Planet Dada after
"Back to ------"?! ( Nippon, HipHop - or what?) :roll:
Is there any explanation for this?
8)
Thanks Mike

Return to “General YELLO Talk”