Blue Horizon PM in 2 different versions. Need help :-)

Talk of anything YELLO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rotravi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Blue Horizon PM in 2 different versions. Need help :-)

Postby Rotravi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:11 am

I have a question i hope someone can help me answer.

i was on youtube today and came across 2 different verions of the same track. The song in question is Blue Horizon PM from the "Yello‎– The Key To Perfection" promo cd.
Now the thing puzzeling me is that this version..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH9xxFdb1uc

,that is stated are from the key to perfection prome cd,is different than this version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNT7Uk67rHk

The second version is better than the first. The first being ambient the second more lively.

Can annyone explain whats going on ?

julz
Site Admin

Re: Blue Horizon PM in 2 different versions. Need help :-)

Postby julz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:35 pm

The first version came out and Boris was not happy with it and updated it. I don't know exactly why or how that happened but that's what I was told.
Rotravi

Postby Rotravi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm

So.. does that mean the the second version is on ""Yello‎– The Key To Perfection" promo cd ?`
I have not heard it so i do not know. Would be nice to know :-)
Ilya Petrov

Postby Ilya Petrov » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 am

I think it's just an evolution of the song which depends on post production work.
By the way...on my VHS cassete I've got the Philip Morris commercial of 1998 year it contains the different version of Tiger Dust. Anybody wants to see this stuff??? I'm just to lazy to capture and do some restoration work in Final Cut and I'm looking for some motivation :D :)))))
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 am

Yeah post the video whenever you have a chance.
Rotravi

Postby Rotravi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:28 pm

After now obtaining and hearing the promo cd i can tell the best version is not on the album... pity really. but the version on the cd is ok by its own.
And the album is a must have :-)
Tiddlywinks

Postby Tiddlywinks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 pm

I think there are three versions of this track out there, there is the one for the Planet Solar leaving port video on Vimeo, there is a different one for the video of it arriving in Monaco and then there is the version on the Key to Perfection CD.
In the PlanetSolar Newsletter (03:05:2012) it says Yello have composed two songs for their adventure Blue Horizon AM and Blue Horizon PM.

Return to “General YELLO Talk”