Prodigy's Hands on Yello?

Talk of anything YELLO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BabyZebra88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Prodigy's Hands on Yello?

Postby BabyZebra88 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:34 am

Hello Yello fans!

Does anybody know what became of Prodigy's Hands on Yello?
At the time of the Hands on Yello project/album, before the album's release both Boris and Dieter mentioned in magazine interviews Liam Howlett and the Prodigy as one of the main re-mixers and yet it never appeared on Hands on yello or The Updates version!

Does anybody have any further information on this? - What track was planned to be remixed or wheter a remix took place?

Many thanks :)
julz
Site Admin

Re: Prodigy's Hands on Yello?

Postby julz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 am

Not a fan of Prodigy except for the first single Charley. Maybe it wasn’t good or they canceled. There has been no promos or mention of it since.
Tiddlywinks

Postby Tiddlywinks » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:42 am

Qubism

Postby Qubism » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:29 am

On discogs:

That looks like a bootleg 12" with Prodigy on one side and Yello on the other side and they say its "On Track-Doug Laurents First Journey" same as eccentrix and the On track 12" vinyl :)

Someone should ask Liam Howlett :)

Personally I think its time for MORE HANDS ON YELLO!
I'd love to see remixes of tracks that have either never been remixed before or not very often.

There are a lot of mixes of Oh Yeah, Bostich and The Race so hows about Desire ? I like the one remix on HOY updates :)

Cheers,

Richard S
BabyZebra88

Postby BabyZebra88 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:25 am

Smack My Bitch Up was much later than Hands on Yello!

Like I say Prodigy were the first group to be name-checked as involved in this project!

I agree a new Hands on Yello would be good.

Or indeed a Newer Mix in one Go! 86-2006 Maybe!

Return to “General YELLO Talk”